Author Notes: This recipe was passed down to me from a loving family member. It has been my go-to dish to take to dinner parties. It is so simple and definitely a crowd pleaser. —Dee
Serves: a hungry crowd of 6
ounces Jar of Sundried Tomatoes (packed in Olive Oil)
ounces Greek Feta Cheese (in liquid)
Scallions, finely diced
Fresh Basil leaves, finely diced
tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
teaspoon White Vinegar
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Remove sun-dried tomatoes from oil jar and cut each tomato into small pieces (averaging to about the size of your pinky fingernail).
- Remove feta from liquid and cut/crumble into chunks similar to sun-dried tomatoes.
- Rinse scallions, thinly cut and slice the greens of the scallion.
- Rinse basil and mince.
- Add tomatoes, feta, scallions, and basil together into a mixing bowl
- Add balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, and oil to bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together with a large spoon, or if you are feeling daring: mix with your hands until all ingredients are well acquainted.
- Place in a nice shallow serving dish alongside your favorite toasty crostinis.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe