If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A good Caesar salad has been our favorite choice of salads for at least the last twenty years; and as Caesar lovers,the search for that perfect Caesar dressing has occupied us for all that time. This path has taken many twists and turns; starting with the standard recipes of three decades ago, we have tried ultra low fat, heart healthy, organic formulas and many more. We know that all food lovers have different tastes and a lot of those who treasure the Caesar salad have their favorite recipes and are not overly prone to change. But; if you are still seeking that perfect combination of smoothness, taste, tang and appearance, try the recipe that we are sharing with you today. It is smooth, tangy and delicious to our tastes; and hopefully to yours. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Caesar croutons or homemade croutons
- 3-4 Parmesan cheese fresh grated for garnish A few anchovy fillets for garnish if so desired
- Enough Parmesan cheese to make four crisps if desired
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. Reserve and let stand for at least thirty minutes to warm up.
- Select enough of the the best looking and most tender leaves in the lettuce for your salad. The other less appealing ones can be used in sandwiches where you can't see them.
- Cut off the white lower ends of the selected lettuce and cut the lettuce to the size you want to serve or serve, or leave whole, and arrange on plates.
- Sprinkle on the dressing or toss the lettuce with the dressing. Add the croutons artfully and garnish with grated Parmesan and an anchovy or two if desired.
- Parmesan Crisps are made by baking grated Parmesan cheese, placed in 2-3 inch circles and flattened to 1/8 inch thickness on a slightly oiled cookie tin at 350* F for about 6 minutes or until the edges are browned to about 1/4 inch in.