Author Notes: This is based on a recipe from one of the Ina Garten cookbooks, but I've played with it a little bit. It's just about the only way I prepare broccoli any more, unless it's in a salad. —Kayb
- 2 bunches broccoli, florets only
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- Separate broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces. Toss with olive oil and spread on baking sheet. Roast at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until brown in a few spots.
- Remove to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish