If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs, especially those raised from pasture raised hens, are an important part of our diet. We eat them as part of various cooked dishes, baked dishes; and we eat them scrambled, poached, fried, as omelets and frittatas and of course as Huevos Rancheros. This dish is eggs in the Frittata format; cooked in a skillet with cheese and vegetables and finished in the oven. It is a delicious combination of baby spinach, tomatoes, peppers, eggs and cheese. It is flexible and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner with different side dishes.
If you haven't yet tried a frittata, try this one; it is quick and easy to make and delicious.
—Tom and Anita Morgan
- 1+ tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 6 large brown eggs (pasture raised if you can get them)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 3 green onions sliced into ¼ “ sections
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and choped into 1/8" pieces
- 1/2 mild red orgreen pepper chopped into ¼” – ½” pieces
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese coarse grated
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3-4 parsley stems with leaves
- salt and pepper to taste at table
- Thoroughly whisk eggs and ½ the cheese with the milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil cast iron pan on bottom and sides and wipe off excess with a paper towel.
- Wilt spinach in covered pan with 1-2 T water for several minutes. Then add green onions and peppers over med-high heat until onions start to be clear.
- Reduce temp to med-low; add egg mixture to pan and mix all ingredients as eggs cook on bottom and sides; about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese on top and place tomato halves, cut side up around top of dish.
- Place the pan under a pre-heated broiler about 3 – 4 inches below element. Cook until eggs are cooked on top, cheese is melted and slightly brown and tomatoes are softening.
- Remove hot iron pan from oven, place on hot pad or range and cut frittata into quarters with S.S. spatula or knife.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe