If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What’s your go-to dish when you want to make a meal using just one pot? Truth be told, there aren’t many one pot meals in my household. Culinary school taught me a lot of things, but primarily, how to dirty up a lot of dishes, and quickly. For most of the second-year classes at my school, a team of dishwashers did our dishes. This was far too easy to get used to. At home, my husband washes all of my dishes. #husbandoftheyear.
When I think of one-pot meals, I immediately reach for my wok. It’s been a faithful friend in times of produce overabundance. It also reliably produces a very fast meal, and it’s simple to make little more than a huge pile of veggies taste great. —foxeslovelemons
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces tofu fettucine, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Make Sweet & Sour Sauce: In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Make Stir-Fry: In large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add mushrooms, carrot, red pepper and jalapeño. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add onions, fettuccine, pineapple and Sweet & Sour Sauce. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and noodles are warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal