If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I'm sick, "egg drop" soup is my favourite remedy. It is soothing, tasty and nutritious, and it takes very little time to prepare. —BC Mama
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 150 milliliters Finely Sliced Packet of Silken Tofu (appoximately 5oz) - Or you can use one beaten egg if you prefer the soup to be lacto-ovo vegetarian
- 3 or 4 Finely Sliced Shitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger Finely Grated
- 1 Clove of Garlic Finely Grated
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Stalk of Finely Diced Scallion
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce (or use Gluten-free Tamari Sauce)
- Sriracha to Taste (Optional)
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add all of your ingredients other than your tofu and scallions. Bring to a boil.
- Add your tofu slowly and stir. Reduce to a simmer. If you are using an egg, bring your soup down to a simmer and slowly pour in the beaten egg while you are stirring the soup.
- Check for seasoning. If it lacks flavour add more Soy Sauce. When I have a cold, I love Sriracha in this soup! But, you might want to avoid adding any if you have a sore throat or upset stomach.
- When you are ready to serve, add your scallions. Enjoy your soup and feel better soon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal