If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Martha Stewart Living's summer issue for One-Pan Pasta. As suckers for anything that can make our lives easier while cooking, we love the concept of a one-pot pasta--but changed the flavor profile from bright summer tomatoes to a more fitting earthy mushroom pasta for winter.
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10 ounces dry spaghetti
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- dashes salt + pepper
- Add mushrooms, garlic, onion, bay leaves, wine, and thyme to a pot over medium heat and cook a few minutes until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to high and add your dry pasta and chicken broth to pot. Cook pasta in boiling broth until al dente. Do not drain!
- Add your parmesan cheese to pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir and serve straight from pot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal