Author Notes: I was cooking with my pasta buddy the other night and we made this recipe. We served it with grilled chicken and pasta. The next day for lunch I cut up and mixed together all the left overs and had a nice chicken, garlic, chile infused pasta with broccoli rabe. Delicious!
You can vary the amount of chile you like. We liked it spicy, so we put a little more than what is in this recipe. But play around and see how you like it.
I am very into infused olive oils right now and a lemon infused oil drizzled over the broccoli might be nice too.
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash and dry broccoli rabe -- cut off rough ends. Blanch in lightly salted boiling water until just tender (about 2 minutes). Remove to an ice bath to cool off and stop cooking. Remove and drain well. (You can dry with paper towels if too soggy).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add garlic, chile flakes, lemon zest and salt and slowly infuse oil with this mixture, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until garlic is tender. (Keep the flame low -- you don't want to saute it higher because the garlic will burn and become bitter).
- Turn heat up to medium and toss broccoli rabe with olive oil, chile mixture to coat well and warm up broccoli rabe (about 2-3 minutes).
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish