Author Notes: I used the potsticker method to create a simple bok choy dish. I cannot say that this is a particularly unique or innovative recipe but I enjoyed the results and hope you do too. —happymontycooks
dried shiitake mushrooms
baby bok choy, sliced lengthwise
onion, thinly sliced
garlic clove, minced
inch knob of ginger, thinly sliced
soy sauce, to taste
- Place the dried shiitake mushrooms in a small heat proof bowl. Pour boiling water until the mushrooms are submerged and allow to soak for about 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the mushrooms. Reserve the liquid. Thinly slice the mushrooms
- In a large saucepan, place the onions and bok choy (cut side down) in a single layer. If they do not all fit, divide into two batches. Sear at medium high heat until the bok choy and onions carmelize (about 3 minutes).
- Add reserved mushroom water, ginger, garlic, and sliced mushrooms. Cover and allow to steam until all liquid has been absorbed or until desired done-ness.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil to taste.