- Serves 4
its based on a recipe for Brussels sprouts with rice krispies- but I only took the crunchy fried rice aspect and added it to pasta with spinach and ricotta. —jamie215
What You'll Need
extra virgin olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes
cloves farlic, minced to size of rice crispies
spinach spaghetti- fresh or dried
spinach- cleaned and chopped into ribbons
grated parmesean- freshly grated, not packaged as grated .
chopped fresh rosemary.
1 t tablespoons
- in a large skillet, heat 3 tbls. of the olive oil until hot and add the rice krispies, garlic and hot pepper flakes- save some red pepper for the end too. and cook until golden brown and season with salt- then transfer to a plate and save for later. wipe out skillet. leave some oil that has these flavors in pan.
- heat 4 qts water for pasta. when water is boiling, add pasta- 1lb and cook for time as per the box or maker instructions. 9-11 minutes usually. fresh pasta cooks faster- so note instructions.
- in a small bowl mix, 1/2 parmesan and ricotta and add some salt pepper and olive oil up to two tablespoons) to taste. add some rosemary and chopped mint- save the rest and the other 1/2 of the parmesan for topping
- when pasta is almost done- 3 minutes or more to go- heat pant and add spinach- toss until wilted- this takes less than a minute. take off heat and add the rice krispies/garlic mix -
- when pasta is done, add to pan with spinach, and rice krispies/garlic mix- toss to coat- add some pasta water, and the butter- return to heat and heat through. do not over heat- spinach should be only slightly cooked.
- take off heat, add the ricotta mixture and toss to coat. add fresh ground pepper, some salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes- add rosemary and mint - toss all.
- plate in a shallow but wide bowl and serve with extra parmesan, sprinkle some chopped herbs on top some and some really good olive oil to drizzle.