its based on a recipe for Brussels sprouts with rice krispies- but I only took the crunchy fried rice aspect and added it to pasta with spinach and ricotta. —jamie215
- Serves 4
extra virgin olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes
cloves farlic, minced to size of rice crispies
spinach spaghetti- fresh or dried
spinach- cleaned and chopped into ribbons
grated parmesean- freshly grated, not packaged as grated .
chopped fresh rosemary.
1 t tablespoons
In This Recipe
- in a large skillet, heat 3 tbls. of the olive oil until hot and add the rice krispies, garlic and hot pepper flakes- save some red pepper for the end too. and cook until golden brown and season with salt- then transfer to a plate and save for later. wipe out skillet. leave some oil that has these flavors in pan.
- heat 4 qts water for pasta. when water is boiling, add pasta- 1lb and cook for time as per the box or maker instructions. 9-11 minutes usually. fresh pasta cooks faster- so note instructions.
- in a small bowl mix, 1/2 parmesan and ricotta and add some salt pepper and olive oil up to two tablespoons) to taste. add some rosemary and chopped mint- save the rest and the other 1/2 of the parmesan for topping
- when pasta is almost done- 3 minutes or more to go- heat pant and add spinach- toss until wilted- this takes less than a minute. take off heat and add the rice krispies/garlic mix -
- when pasta is done, add to pan with spinach, and rice krispies/garlic mix- toss to coat- add some pasta water, and the butter- return to heat and heat through. do not over heat- spinach should be only slightly cooked.
- take off heat, add the ricotta mixture and toss to coat. add fresh ground pepper, some salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes- add rosemary and mint - toss all.
- plate in a shallow but wide bowl and serve with extra parmesan, sprinkle some chopped herbs on top some and some really good olive oil to drizzle.