If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is inspired by Kimberly Snyder's "Dharma Kale Salad." Instead of massaging the kale with her dressing I massage it with creamy avocado and other ingredients. You could replace the cucumber with jicama, carrots, even nuts. And, you could add winter squash instead of sweet potato, or throw some leftover quinoa in for added protein. For me, the ultimate salad includes a warm or hot item and something crunchy. This is my go-to lunch and my one year old loves it too! —Tracy
Serves 1-2 people
lacinato kale, sweet potato
bunch lacinato kale
nutritional yeast, avocado, lemon juice, sea salt, cucumber
tablespoons nutritional yeast
tablespoons lemon juice
pinches sea salt (to taste)
- Wash and cut the sweet potato into large "fry" pieces and roast it in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until blackened and soft. .
- Wash and de-stem the kale; tear it into small pieces in a large bowl.
- add the avocado, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and sea salt to the kale and "massage" the kale using your hands until everything is distributed evenly and the kale starts to soften.
- When the potato is ready, add it to the salad as well as the cucumber.
- Top with additional sea salt and nutritional yeast to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens