If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the kind of breakfast you want to eat again for lunch. You could swap out the butternut squash for sweet potatoes, or the kale for your favorite leafy green. —PerfectingThePairing
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo), more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 pieces bacon
- 1 bunch curly kale, cleaned, stems removed and torn
- 5 eggs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 tortillas, fajita sized, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the butternut squash cubes in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and pepper. Roast in the oven until browned and cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking prepare the chipotle sauce by whisking the sour cream, adobo sauce, and cilantro, set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crispy, remove to a paper towel to drain. Crumble, and set aside. Remove all but 3 teaspoons of bacon grease from the pan. Add the torn kale to the pan and sauté until it wilts, 3-5 minutes. Remove, and set aside. In a small bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the pan and scramble until cooked through.
- To prepare, top a tortilla with a scoop of squash, a spoonful of scrambled eggs, a dollop of chipotle sauce, crumbled bacon, green onions, then roll up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens