If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some portions of raw frozen pizza dough, that my Mom had made and given me, and looking through the refrigerator, I found some feta cheese and spinach, so why not make a pizza. The main ingredients on this pizza are spinach, mushroom and feta cheese but you could add peppers, olives or chicken. It's pizza, add whatever toppings you like. —Katheryn's Kitchen
- 1 13 inch pizza crust
- 1 cup tomato sauce, homemade or store bought. Make sure it's flavorful-it really makes a difference to the pizza.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 each dried oregano and basil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup thawed spinach that was previously frozen- I used frozen chopped spinach because that's what I had on hand- make sure you squeeze out most of the moisture before you measure it and put it on the pizza or you will have a soggy pizza. You could also take 3
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- The measured amounts of these ingredients should fit a 13 inch round pizza. Increase the amount of toppings if your pizza is bigger or decrease the amount if the pizza crust is smaller. Put your pizza crust into an oiled pizza pan. Spread tomato sauce onto the pizza crust, completely cover the crust, right to the edge. Sprinkle the dried oregano, chili pepper flakes and parmesan cheese evenly onto the tomato sauce.
- Now evenly distribute the red onion, spinach, feta cheese and mushrooms, in that order, all over the pizza. Get as close to the edge of the crust as you can. I like the mushrooms on top, so that they brown a little bit.
- Lastly sprinkle the grated mozzarella evenly all over the pizza. Put the pizza on a rack in the lower portion of the oven so that the bottom of the crust has a chance to brown nicely. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Bring out of the oven when cheese is browned and melted on top, slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
More Great Recipes: Entrees