If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I am looking for a quick meal I often opt for eggs, in this easy and tasty omelet I add in prosciutto and Swiss chard to make a really great tasting meal. The little bit of red pepper gives a nice kick that really shines up the earthy flavor of the chard. Enjoy! —Mlc1977
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 slices of prosciutto or pancetta
- 1 large shallot diced
- 3-4 leaves of Swiss Chard sliced into small ribbons
- red pepper flake
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a large/medium non-stick frying pan and add the diced shallot with a little olive oil into the pan sautéing for a few moments until tender, then add in the diced prosciutto/pancetta. Once the meat is crispy add in the Swiss chard, a big pinch of salt and as much red pepper flake as you can handle. Cover the pan to let the chard wilt, it should only take a few minutes, stir the pan contents a few times to mix that pepper through. Remove your filling from the pan, wipe the pan out and add a little non-stick spray or oil before returning the pan to the heat.
- Whisk up the eggs and buttermilk then add them to the pan. I let the eggs cook for a moment before careful lifting up the edges of the omelet while titling the pan to let the uncooked egg underneath. When the omelet is almost done put the Swiss cheese and the precooked filling on to one side of the, let the cheese melt a little then fold the omelet over as you slide it on to your plate. This omelet will feed two people as a little breakfast or one hungry person for a great healthy lunch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens