If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet butternut squash, crunchy pine nuts, tart pomegranate, and sharp parmesan. What more could you ask for in a kale salad! Unlike most salads, this kale salad will hold up after being dressed for days. —Flirting with Flavors
- 1/2 cup Butternut squash, small dice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch Curly kale, ribbed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Toasted pine nuts
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Shaved parmesan
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread squash on a baking sheet (lined with foil for easier cleanup), and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast about 35 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the kale with the pomegranate, pine nuts, and squash. Season to taste with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the shaved parmesan
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens