If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect fall and winter salad. Use a mandoline to shave the beet, or you're in for a lot of work! —Flirting with Flavors
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 bunches watercress
- 1 medium purple beet, shaved
- 1 medium yellow beet, shaved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled stilton (or other bleu cheese)
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and maple syrup and cook until syrup candies on walnuts. Reserve candied walnuts and let cool.
- On a large platter, arrange watercress, shaved beet, red onion, and bleu cheese. Sprinkle over walnuts. Drizzle salad with olive oil and lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper.