If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very flavorful recipe. Feel free to adapt it as the ratios are simple. There is very little to no hands on work here! However, this requires some planning ahead. —Lok Yi
Makes 1 boule
- 450 grams flour
- 350 grams warm water (45C-110F)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup herbs (I used rosemary, thyme, parsley, chili and garlic)
- Pick a large container (a container that can hold around 1 liter) and mix all of your ingredients in it. No fuss. Just mix well until a rough dough, but make sure there are no dry patches.
- Cover the container and leave the dough at room temp for at least 4 hours. After that, feel free to refrigerate it for up to a week (the flavors will further develop). Or you can just use the dough right away.
- When you're ready to bake bread, take your dough out onto a parchment lined tray, and shape it into a boule or any shape- it's really sticky so just do the best you can. Let the dough rise for an hour or so.
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 203C. You may choose to score your bread at this point. Bake the bread for 30 mins or until a deep brown color.