Author Notes: The butternut must be more like cream than soup —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves: 4-6 people
cube of vegetable or fish broth
pinches four-spice powder (ground pepper, cloves, nutmeg and ginger)
tablespoon pumpkin seeds
handful Parsley, finely cut
In This Recipe
- Cut the butternut in half, remove the seeds and cut in dices. Put in a casserole with the broth, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Puree the butternut and broth with the cream and spices. The buttercream should be quite thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan
- In another pan, melt the butter and roast the scallops, about one minute on each side. Add some salt and pepper
- Put the buttercream in your soup dishes and lay the scallops on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parsley.