If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The butternut must be more like cream than soup —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cube of vegetable or fish broth
- 18 scallops
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 150 milliliters cream
- 2 pinches four-spice powder (ground pepper, cloves, nutmeg and ginger)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful Parsley, finely cut
- Cut the butternut in half, remove the seeds and cut in dices. Put in a casserole with the broth, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Puree the butternut and broth with the cream and spices. The buttercream should be quite thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan
- In another pan, melt the butter and roast the scallops, about one minute on each side. Add some salt and pepper
- Put the buttercream in your soup dishes and lay the scallops on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parsley.