If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just wanted something that feels and tastes healthy and light after heavy December foods. I've just moved to US and this is my first salad that I made here, that means I already found my favorite places for great, fresh ingredients and I'm on my everyday routine, and that makes me happy. Really looking forward to get to know all kinds of new foods and dishes, but this colorful salad I'll remember for a while.
The Orange & honey dressing I found in one of Jamie Oliver's cookbooks, I just added some bashed coriander seeds. —WearEatLove
Spinach, fennel & orange salad
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 head fennel, finely sliced
- 1 small carrot
- 1 orange
- 1/2 small pomegranate
- 1 handful crushed walnuts
Orange & honey dressing
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, bashed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice from 1/2 orange
- pinches salt
- pinches freshly grounded pepper
- Slice fennel as finely as you can.
- Slice the carrot, use a pealing knife for very thin slices.
- Toss together with a handful of baby spinach.
- Remove the pith from the orange, slice one half into rounds. Squeeze the other half for the dressing.
- For dressing add olive oil, honey, bashed coriander seeds, good pinch of salt and pepper to orange juice and shake well.
- Drizzle a dressing over the salad, toss to coat, scatter over the orange slices, crushed walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens