Author Notes: I mix some of my blood orange marmalade into the muffin dough which you can easily replace with bitter orange marmalade (that’s what I normally do) or with plum jam or any other jam that fits to cinnamon and nutmeg as I add these two spices as well. These muffins are light and fluffy, I love them warm, tear them in half and let their wintery aroma fill the air! —Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen
Makes: 12 muffins
ounces plain flour
ounces sugar plus 1 teaspoon for the topping
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon cinnamon plus 1/2 teaspoon for the topping
ounces butter, melted
1 1/2 - 2
tablespoons blood orange marmalade
- You need a muffin tray with 12 molds and paper baking cups.
- Set your oven to 390°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the melted butter, the milk, egg and marmalade.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until you have a lumpy dough. The more you mix it the more it will loose its light texture so don’t mix it too long.
- Fill the muffin tray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping, sprinkle on top and bake for 12 minutes or until golden.