If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I mix some of my blood orange marmalade into the muffin dough which you can easily replace with bitter orange marmalade (that’s what I normally do) or with plum jam or any other jam that fits to cinnamon and nutmeg as I add these two spices as well. These muffins are light and fluffy, I love them warm, tear them in half and let their wintery aroma fill the air! —Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen
Makes 12 muffins
ounces plain flour
ounces sugar plus 1 teaspoon for the topping
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon cinnamon plus 1/2 teaspoon for the topping
ounces butter, melted
1 1/2 - 2
tablespoons blood orange marmalade
- You need a muffin tray with 12 molds and paper baking cups.
- Set your oven to 390°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the melted butter, the milk, egg and marmalade.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until you have a lumpy dough. The more you mix it the more it will loose its light texture so don’t mix it too long.
- Fill the muffin tray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping, sprinkle on top and bake for 12 minutes or until golden.