If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a recipe in Southern Living Magazine, but with my own favorite spin. —shecht
- 1-2 pounds butternut squash cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups Organic Kale chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh organic parsley
- 2 pieces shallots sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I use fig, yum!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Organic honey
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese (or feta)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook Farro in 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Stir occasionally for 25 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 450. Toss Butternut and shallots (then separate) with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Roast butternut squash for 20 minutes and add the shallots after 10 minutes of cooking. Let cool.
- Stir Balsamic, remaining olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss a few tablespoons of dressing with parsley and Kale. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add Hazelnuts, Farro, Butternut & Shallots. Add more dressing if desired. Sprinkle with Goat Cheese and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens