If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I went on a two week raw food cleanse a couple of months ago. This is one of the recipes that I adapted from Yuri Elkaim's book, Eating For Energy when I was on the cleanse. There were a handful of things that I added to my regular eating routine after I went back to eating cooked foods and this was one of them. It is satisfying and so easy to make. —Bold Vegan // Molly Patrick
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- 3 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- 1 handful pecans
- Make the dressing by placing all of the ingredients except for the kale into the blender and blend until completely smooth, about 1 minute (be sure to take the dates out of the water and take the pit out if they have one before adding to the blender).
- Place the (chopped) kale in a large bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Massage the dressing into the kale with your hands for a minute or so, making sure that dressing is covering all of the kale completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens