Author Notes: This dish is truly divine. Brussels sprouts and kale are two of my favorite veggies, and this wholesome "slaw" is a creative way to showcase both in a totally naturally way. Both of these veggies, in their raw form, work perfectly to create a healthy alternative to coleslaw. The currants and almonds add the perfect sweetness and crunch. I love this salad as a main or a side and it's a great recipe to double because it is even more delicious the next day. So many anti-oxidents, so little time! —Weekday Gourmet
bunch Lacinato Kale
cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and quartered
cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Clove Garlic, Quartered
tablespoon Dijon Mustard
tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
tablespoons Finely Grated Parmesan
tablespoons Dried Currants
cup Roasted Almonds, Chopped
- Place brussels sprouts in a vitamix, blender, or food processor and blend.
- Once shredded, transfer the brussels sprouts into a large bowl.
- Repeat this same process with the kale and garlic.
- Transfer the kale and garlic to the bowl with the brussels sprouts.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, parmesan & lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing with a fork until emulsified and season with salt.
- Toss the kale and brussels sprout slaw with your dressing.
- Top with almonds and currants and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens