If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is truly divine. Brussels sprouts and kale are two of my favorite veggies, and this wholesome "slaw" is a creative way to showcase both in a totally naturally way. Both of these veggies, in their raw form, work perfectly to create a healthy alternative to coleslaw. The currants and almonds add the perfect sweetness and crunch. I love this salad as a main or a side and it's a great recipe to double because it is even more delicious the next day. So many anti-oxidents, so little time! —Weekday Gourmet
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Finely Grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Dried Currants
- 1/4 cup Roasted Almonds, Chopped
- Place brussels sprouts in a vitamix, blender, or food processor and blend.
- Once shredded, transfer the brussels sprouts into a large bowl.
- Repeat this same process with the kale and garlic.
- Transfer the kale and garlic to the bowl with the brussels sprouts.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, parmesan & lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing with a fork until emulsified and season with salt.
- Toss the kale and brussels sprout slaw with your dressing.
- Top with almonds and currants and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens