If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spinach with bechamel it's an old time recipe, but as I loved it andI had to stop eaten to avoid gluten and dairy, I have developed my own recipe. —Yolanda Gil
Fresh spinach, garlic, Extra virgin olive oil, paprika, fine salt ,cumin,nutmeg,
- 2 bunches Fresh spinach
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 Fine salt
- 1 teaspoon grated cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven 425ºF (225º C) Wash the spinach and remove hard stems. In a steamer ( or a pan with a tight -fitting lid), steam the spinach for 2 min (in batches). Drain an squeeze out all excess water (you have to leave them very dry) .
- Spread them on a board and cut them in 1cm wide
- In a pan over medium high heat , heat 1½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (reserve the ½ remaining),and add 2 tablespoon of minced garlic; cook for about 3 min or until slightly golden, add the spinach and melted them for about 1 min. Add the cumin, salt, nutmeg and water and stir for 2 min. Take the pan out of the heat.
- In an small pan heat over medium- low heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until the oil is warm, then take the pan out of the heat, add the paprika , stir for 30 sc, add to the spinach mixture and melted together in the medium-low heat for about 1 min. ( Important: I heat the paprika with the oil to get all the fragance , but if the oil is very hot or you keep it in the heat while stirring, it can burn the paprika and it will get bitter). Reserve.
brown rice flour,extra virgin olive oil,unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened rice milk,nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Unsweetened rice milkCombine the two milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon Fine salt
- 1/4 cup Gluten free breadcrumbs, for topping
- Combine the almond and rice milk.
- In a medium – low heat, put a thick bottomed pan, heat the extra Virgin olive oil until warm and add the flour. Cook and stir for 1 min
- Add a little milk to the flour and oil mix, and mix again. When is amalgamated, add a little more milk and mix again.Add the salt and nutmeg. Add more milk, little by little and until you have a thickish creamy sauce. Don’t stop stirring while doing this.
- If you get lumps, press them over with the wooden spoon against the pan to mash them.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the bechamel sauce, over medium- low heat and stir until mix all together ,about 1 min.
- Pour the mixture onto a earthenware dish, add the gluten free breadcrumbs for topping
- Put in the oven for 20 min or until the topping golden brown
- /Users/yolandagil/Desktop/espinacas con bechamel fotos/la foto.JPG
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens