If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by recipes from In Pat's Kitchen, Ina Garten, and Raised by Coffee. It is warming and has a luscious texture —Quinn
- 1.5 pounds carrots, peeled, chopped in half, then diagonally
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into 1 to 2 inch florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for cooking
- fresh cracked pepper
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 1.5 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1. Put olive oil in a bowl and toss the carrots and cauliflower in it. Add salt and pepper Put them on a baking sheet and bake at 425?F for 30-35 minutes. Flipping halfway in between.
- 2. Put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and onion, sautéing until the onions are soft..about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower and carrots. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Bring back down to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Let the soup cool, then puree the mixture in halves, letting the steam release by putting a cloth where the plastic stopper would otherwise be.
- 4. Bring the soup back to a simmer, stir in half and half, basil, and cheese.
- 5. Serve immediately and enjoy the warmth!