If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This HEALTHY Paleo Pizza crust is inspired by The Roasted Root's Gluten-Free Spinach & Collard Greens Pizza Crust, while the toppings were inspired by theKitchn's Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Pizza.
The crust is loaded with flaxseed, almond meal, coconut flour and SWISS CHARD – seriously, a must try!
The idea came about when I randomly decided to purchase a bundle of Swiss Chard at our local farmers market. Having absolutely no idea what I was going to do with it. I also had a huge quantity of tomatoes in my fridge, and was craving pizza, so I decided to see what I could find in the way of a healthy pizza crust recipe. I’ve done the cauliflower pizza crust several times (love it), so I figured if I could put cauliflower and eggplant into a pizza crust, why not the swiss chard I impulsively bought? Surely it would help disguise the bitter taste, right? I mean, lets be real, I didn’t buy it because I wanted it, or thought it’d taste good, I bought it because it’s healthy and good for me. And I must say, this little creation turned out pretty darn good! —Kaylee Pauley
Makes 8 slices
For the Crust:
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease pizza pan with coconut oil nonstick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together two eggs with coconut oil.
- Add Swiss chard to NutriBullet or food processor, pour egg mix in with chard and process until finely pureed .
- Add pureed mix to dry ingredients in large bowl, add honey and stir until well combined.
- Smooth dough out onto pan and spread into thin crust Bake for approx 15 minutes.
For the Sauce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- dash salt and pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- Over medium heat cook minced garlic and onion until soft, add in chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped basil, parsley, salt/pepper and cayenne and simmer on low for approx 5-10 minutes.
- Once tomatoes are cooked and flavors combined, allow to cool for a few minutes then add to food processor or Nutribullet to puree for sauce.
- Suggested Toppings: corn shaved from corn on the cob ½ cup sweet onion, sliced ½ cup bell pepper, sliced 6-10 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters depending on size ¼ shredded cheese blend ½ cup feta cheese Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning (or combination of salt, onion powder, garlic powder and dried bell pepper)
- Add corn, sliced onions and peppers to skillet and saute until veggies are soft and slightly brown. Add half cup sauce to baked crust, top with cooked veggies, ¼ cup shredded cheese and chopped grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning and bake for additional 5-minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are heated through. Remove pizza from oven and top with feta cheese. Serve warm and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens