If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The other day I stumbled upon some lovely dark baby greens...a combination of baby spinach, chard and kale. I grabbed them and brought them home to make a variation of one of my favorite salads. These greens are soft and sweet and don't need any special treatment to tenderize. The anchovy crumbs add a little crunch. Feel free to use greens you like or can find. —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 side salads
For the lemon vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic put through a garlic press or very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together the garlic, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking constantly. Set the dressing aside.
For the anchovy crumbs and salad
- 3 cups large fresh bread crumbs(I tore apart one half of a 12 inch baguette with my hands to make "large" pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 minced anchovy filets
- 6 cups dark green baby greens (spinach, kale or chard) or a combination
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup small kalamata olives
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- The previously made vinaigrette
- In a large skillet over medium heat warm the olive oil and the minced anchovies and heat while stirring until the anchovies seem to disintegrate into the oil. Add the bread crumbs and continue to stir over the heat to thoroughly coat the crumbs and saute until the crumbs brown up. (Be careful not to burn them!) Once done, set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, onion, tomatoes, olives and Feta. Dress the salad with some or all of the vinaigrette.
- Divide the salad on to 4 serving plates and top each with as many of the anchovy crumbs as you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens