Author Notes: Stuffed vine leafs are widely prepared and consumed across the Meditterenean region, in particularly Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine...etc
I learnt this recipe from my mother ( lebanese kitchen). Other cuisines put different ingredients such as pinenuts, or dont add the ingredients I am suggesting. It differs between one house to another. There is no set recipe for Grape Leafs! It all depends on your own touches, taste and preferences!
The recipe here is healthy, and vegetarian. No meat and No gluten inside was used.
You can use either fresh leafs or packaged ones.. You can also use brown rice or couscous instead of white rice. But def. the taste will differ! —Loulwa Kalache
Serves: 6 people
pieces Green Onion
tablespoons Olive Oil
grams Grape Leaves Jar
- Mince all the tomato, parsley, mint, green onion. Squeeze 1 lemon.
- Mix all the above with salt, lemon, oil, and the raw rice.
- Cut the potatoes in medium sized flat surface and put them at the bottom of the sauce pan.
- Start arranging the stuffed leaves above the potatoes, in circular arrangements. Then, pour water till all the leaves are dipped inside.
- Leave the water boiling. The hot water will cook the leaves and rice.
- When the leaves soften and rice get cooked ( try one piece), add some lemon and oil. Leave them for 5 more minutes.