If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pan fried goodness! Use any beans and greens you have on hand. Easy to double, make ahead, freeze and personalize. Serve as appetizer, salad topper, sandwich or entrée. Pairs well with fresh bright flavors (tomato, cucumber, pickles, vinegar, mint, cilantro, sweet or spicy peppers, citrus, stone fruit).
Adapted from REAL SIMPLE Swiss Chard and Chickpea Fritters With Yogurt. I paired down ingredients and adjusted greens to beans ratio to make a creamier texture. —sarah wen
Makes: approx 24 2-inch cakes
ounces (or 4 cups) washed chopped dark leafy greens
ounces can organic beans, drained and rinsed
medium lemon juiced + enough water to make 1/4 cup liquid
cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
cup flour (I use a gluten-free mix)
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon cracked black pepper
vegetable oil for frying
- Place everything in a food processor and pulse until combined, remove blade, taste for seasoning
- Form mixture into 2-inch round patties
- Swirl oil to coat large frying pan, heat to medium high, cook patties in batches (careful not to crowd the pan) until crisp brown and cooked through, approx. 2-3 minutes per side
- remove patties to drain on cooling rack or towel and serve (with pickles or dip, over chopped greens, wrapped or on a bun)
- TRY kale+white bean collard+black eyed peas spinach+black bean chard+chickpeas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens