If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this dish, inspired by Sprouted Kitchen’s recipe, to bring with us. I made a few changes to add The Mess I Make’s touch. These can be enjoyed at room temp as an appetizer, crumble them up in a salad, or serve warm for burger patties. —themessimake.com
Serves a crowd
- 1/2 cup quinoa – uncooked (cook as directed on the box. Usually 1/2 c uncooked quinoa is cooked in 1 c salted water)
- 3/4 cup Cannellini beans (or chickpeas)- canned
- 1/2 potato – boiled (instead of using egg)
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 Serrano peppers (depending on your spice level tolerance)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Pulse onions, garlic, green chillies.
- Add Cannellini beans, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, ground cumin, and pulse for 30-45 seconds (until the beans have just broken down).
- Add boiled potato, cooked quinoa, and pulse until everything is mixed. Don’t over-pulse the mixture or it will get too mushy.
- Make 1 inch balls and flatten them.
- Heat a non-stick or a ceramic pan on medium heat.
- Drizzle vegetable or extra virgin olive oil on the pan and carefully place the patties on the pan.
- Cook the patties for ~5 minutes on each side or until they reach a beautiful brown toasted color.
- These patties can be served at room temperature so let the patties cool off on a wire rack while you make the yogurt sauce.
- 1 cup plain non-far Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Lime zest (optional)
- A drizzle of honey if the yogurt is too tart
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Mix everything in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice ~10 cherry tomatoes in halves or thin slices, whatever you prefer.
- Place patties on a serving platter.
- You can either dollop a small amount of yogurt on each patty (this could get messy) or use the sandwich bag technique. Transfer the yogurt mixture in a sandwich bag and cut a small piece at one of the corners and pipe the yogurt onto each patty. This made the dish mess-free and pretty at the same time.
- Place sliced cherry tomatoes on each patty.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe