If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are wonderful, baked, sweet potato cakes, that I created recently. They are gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, spiced, flavoursome little nuggets of gorgeousness!! —Elaine @ foodbod
- 2 Medium/large sweet potatoes
- 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Bunch of coriander, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Quinoa flour (you can use any plain four, the quinoa flour keeps it gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chopped red chillies
- 1/2 cup Mixed chopped nuts (I used pistachios, walnuts and pecans that had been soaked overnight)
- Roast the sweet potatoes whole in the oven at 180C until they are soft all of the way through , this usually takes about half an hour, depending on the shape and size of the potato
- Leave the potatoes to cool then remove their skins and mash the lovely orange flesh
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix it well then put the mixture into the fridge to slightly stiffen
- Fill a muffin tin with muffin cases and spray them with oil so that you can remove the cakes easily later
- Fill the cases with the mixture then bake in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure that the tops don't burn
- Eat them warm or cold with salad and dressing, or make smaller versions and serve them as a canapé or starter. Enjoy!