If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is "ranch" inspired with dill roasted vegetables and a cup of buttermilk swirled in at the end. I tried to make it a little healthier by using less potato and adding some greens. I think it came out delicious! —MariahK
- 1 med head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 med onion, rough chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces large handfulls baby spinach
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a roasting pan with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the top third of the oven for about 40 minutes or until a nice golden brown color is achieved.
- In a large pot melt the butter on medium heat and saute the spinach until wilted. Add the roasted vegetables and stir until well mixed. Add the chicken stock, bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- After the vegetables are tender remove from heat and use an immersion blender to roughly puree soup (I like to leave it a chunky texture, but you could puree it smooth if you prefer). Blend in the buttermilk and shredded cheese then season to taste with salt and pepper (and more dill if you like). Enjoy!