If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from La Bouche Creole by Leon E. Soniat, Jr. It is a tomatoey, creamy and saucey dish with fresh flavorings from green onions, parsley and dill. It is delicious and different and guests rave. Good if made ahead of time and reheated. —Lynn D.
- 1 fryer, cut up or 8 bone in, skin on thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes
- cups buttermilk
- dashes hot pepper sauce (or more)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown in the butter and oil over medium hight heat.
- Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. Simmer about 25 minutes until chicken is done.
- Add the green onions, parsley and dill about 5 minutes longer.
- Add lemon juice and sour cream and stir til heated through.
- Serve with egg noodles, rice or French bread to soak up the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken