If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this simple soup takes less than 20 minutes to prepare, and offers plenty of antioxidants, probiotics and a host of beneficial properties to help you improve the function of your immune system.
—aubrey | drum beets
- 4 cups vegetable or mushroom broth
- 3 tablespoons organic red miso paste
- 3 cups portobello or shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups raw kale or chard, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2-3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- in a medium sized soup pot, warm vegetable broth over medium heat. in a small mixing bowl measure 3 tablespoons of red miso paste and add a half-cup of hot broth. stir to dissolve paste and then add it back to the soup pot, whisking to dissolve completely. keep miso under the boiling point.
- add sliced mushrooms to miso broth, cover pot and simmer at a low temperature for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
- remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. let the soup rest, covered, for a few minutes to wilt the greens.
- serve hot. feel cozy!