If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We made a salad of mixed greens, golden cherry tomatoes, purple carrots, almonds and poppy seeds last night and needed a simple dressing that would accommodate our range of flavors. This was wonderful. I really loved how it complemented the chopped up raw almonds. Yum, yum! The picture is of the dressing on our salad, with the potato pancakes we had that night. —Ashley Marie
- 1/4 cup olive oil, fruity, good quality
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 dashes worcestershire
- 1/2 large shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add your olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire.
- Mince the shallot very small, and then use the flat part of the blade to crush it. Add the shallot, along with any juice, to the bowl with your parsley and mustard.
- Gently whisk everything together and taste for salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to develop and meld.
- Serve ontop of your favorite salad - it goes very well with heavier mixed greens like baby kales, spinach, etc.