If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Boneless, skinless, slow roasted chicken breasts are butterflied and stuffed with a savory blend of bacon, caramelized onion and mushrooms, then drizzled with an unctuous buttery sherry jus. I came up with this recipe after appearing and competing on a Food Network Canada show called Recipe to Riches. After many trials and tribulations, including the batch up challenge from hell, I came away with second place with honor to say I created the second best savory snack in Canada that year! In the mood to celebrate, but in need of some soul soothing comfort, this dish seemed to capture both feelings as has become a favorite for entertaining. Cook up the bacon and mushroom filling ahead of time and stuff your chicken breasts - that way all you have to do before guests arrive is pop them in the oven! —Lyndsay Wells
- 6 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 cups diced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
- 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt, black pepper, and garlic mixed together
- Saute the mushrooms, bacon, and onion in a non stick pan over medium high heat until the mushrooms have released their water and the onions and bacon are crisp and caramelized.
- Add the sherry and boil until the alcohol has been completely cooked off. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the mushroom mixture onto each of the four pieces of butterflied chicken. Roll, tie it off with butcher's twine, and season with the seasoning mix of garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet prepared with cooking spray and roast in a 350 oven for one hour. Serve drizzled with Sherry Jus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Using the same pan you cooked the bacon in, melt the butter and stir the flour into drippings in the pan. Stir until smooth. Add sherry, broth, stirring constantly. Thicken. Spoon over chicken.