If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grandma's delicious, nutritious, cheap, easy and satisfying winter dish.
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 10 ounces Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1 cup Veggie Stock (or simple filtered water)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Dried Chili
- 1 tablespoon Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Puree
- 2 tablespoons Red Vine Vinegar (-optional- If you are not using pickled cabbage)
- 1/2 cup Pickled White Cabbage (optional)
- Cornichons (optional)
- Cook the onion with olive oil until tender, give it a sweat with salt, stirring occasionally.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir until cabbage shreds get covered with puree. (Add either vinegar or pickled cabbage.) (You can dissolve puree in stock ahead.) Medium heat, cook until stock is absorbed. Rest
- Serve it with cornichons if you desire