If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Protein-packed quinoa, mixed with edamame and kale, is tossed in a creamy avocado and fresh herb dressing. —bitememore
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, slice to garnish
- Combine quinoa and vegetable broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Place quinoa in a large bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of water. Place a steamer on the bottom of the pot and add the kale and edamame. Cover and steam over high heat for 2-3 minutes, until kale turns bright green and edamame is defrosted. Plunge greens into a bowl of cold water to prevent further cooking. Drain well and set aside.
- For the avocado dressing, using a food processor or blender, combine avocado, lemon juice, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse 2 to 3 times, until well combined. Add olive oil gradually and blend well.
- Add kale and edamame to the quinoa and toss with avocado dressing. Garnish with sliced avocado.