Author Notes: The Gilda is traditionally the first pintxo that you eat when you go out for an afternoon of vermouth and small bites in the Basque Country -- you need to eat the whole thing in one bite! I love to use garlic or even blue cheese stuffed olives for a little bit of a twist. This simple bite never fails to impress anyone I serve it to! —Paul Vitale
Anchovy Filets (I only use anchovies from Santoña, Spain)
Giant Garlic Stuffed Olives
Guindilla Peppers in vinegar
toothpicks or skewers
- Bend a guindilla pepper in half and skewer it onto one of your toothpicks.
- Next, fold and anchovy filet in half and place it on the same toothpick.
- Cap off the toothpick with a garlic-stuffed olive.
- Repeat with the remaining 11 toothpicks and remaining ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies