If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Scallops & shrimp with lemon mustard vinaigrette is a perfect meal for a special night in. It looks and tastes like a restaurant dish, but it'll be much easier on your wallet! —SunsetsOnTheSide
- ½ cup + 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided (plus more for seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, divided (plus more for seasoning)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 ¾ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 pound shrimp (I used 31-35 count), peeled & deveined
- 1/2 pound scallops (I used 20-30 count)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- For the vinaigrette: Pour ½ cup of the olive oil into a glass measuring cup or small bowl. Add the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, shallot, 1 T. dill, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper. Whisk together vigorously until the vinaigrette combines and thickens.
- For the rice: Stir the rice, chicken stock, and remaining salt and pepper together in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and let simmer – stirring occasionally – for 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove the rice from the heat, let it stand for 5 minutes, and then stir in the parsley, remaining dill, and ½ cup of the prepared vinaigrette.
- For the seafood: Pat the shrimp and scallops dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper. Heat the butter and remaining 1 T. olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the scallops to the hot pan. Sear the first side for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon and place on a plate.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook the same way (sear the first side for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side). Add the scallops and their juices back into the pan with the shrimp, pour in 1 T. of the vinaigrette, and cook for just 1 minute longer to coat the seafood in the sauce.
- To serve, place the rice on a plate, top with scallops and shrimp. Garnish with lemon slices and drizzle more vinaigrette on top, if desired.