If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a sandwich, it's a pannini, it's a pizza ...was looking for a fast way to get my pizza fix on. Came up with this. It works out well. —Kristy Morrill
- 2 thick cut slices of crusty sourdough or tuscan style boule bread
- 1/4-1/3 cups homemade or jar marinara
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 drained anchovies
- 1 pinch oregano
- Heat a pananni pan or use a cast iron skillet to very warm but not scorching hot.
- Butter one side of each piece of sourdough or Tuscan bread. On other side of bread spread marinara on one and mozzarella on the other. Lay the anchovy fillets on one side. Sprinkle with oregano. Close the sandwich and place into the press. Or if using a skillet brown on one side, then flip and brown the other. If cheese needs more time take pan off heat and tent with foil for a minute or two.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies