Author Notes: This dish cooks quickly, so have all your ingredients ready before you begin to cook. The sweetness of the dates is balanced by the salty capers and anchovies and toasted nuts. Tossed with pasta, this dish makes an interesting and fast meal! —AGIRLANDAPIG
ounces dried linguine
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoons pine nuts
cup parsley, chopped
marinated anchovy fillets
- Cook linguine al dente according to instructions on package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over high heat, combine the olive oil and dates. After 1 minute, the dates should begin to blister.
- Add pine nuts. The pine nuts will toast very quickly. As soon as they do, add the capers, anchovies, and parsley. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add cooked pasta to pan. Toss to coat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies