If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple take on a classic dinner accompaniment. A little tomato and spicy seasonings take this corn muffin up a notch! (This recipe has been adapted from the Basic Corn Muffin Recipe by Doug Matthews) —Tayler Diane Earl
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I prefer to use sunflower or coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 to 1 cups corn (fresh, frozen, or drained canned)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, paprika, cayenne powder, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder, tamari, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking powder until just combined. Do not over-mix. Gently fold in the corn.
- Add the chipotle tomato mixture to the batter and gently stir to combine. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 400° F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.