Author Notes: I love the Cheesecake Factory version of this salad and decided to try it on my own. I promise that I don't know the herbs and spices they use but when I was finished, I couldn't tell the difference - and that's a good thing because it tastes great. —lizabeth
bunch Asparagus, washed and trimmed
cup Roasted Tomatoes in Olive Oil
Eggs, Extra Large
tablespoons Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, Fruity
teaspoon Dill Weed, Dried
Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Pre-cook the asparagus just a little. I put mine in a microwave steamer, sprinkle with dried dill weed and steam for 4 minutes for thin asparagus.
- Use medium low heat to heat two sauté pans side by side on your stove with 1 - 2 Tbsp of olive oil in each.
- In one sauté pan, add the asparagus, oven-roasted tomatoes in olive oil, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, turning occasionally
- In the second sauté pan, carefully pour in your two eggs making sure to keep the yolks intact. You want to end up with two separate eggs cooked over-medium or sunny side up. Toss the ingredients in the first pan at least a couple of times while the eggs cook.
- Divide the asparagus mixture and place on two plates. Place one egg on top of the asparagus mixture of each plate. Voila. The important thing about this dish is to be ready to sit down and eat once the food has been plated as it will cool quickly.