If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another delicious way to eat cabbage. —beril
- 1 Cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoon Rice or Bulgur for each leaf
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground meat for each leaf
- Water + Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Chopped onion
- Chopped parsley
- Dried chili pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Give a boil to salty water in a big pot.
- Carefully separate the leaves and wash thoroughly. Keep the outside leaves for later use. Add the other leaves into boiling water. Cook until the leaves get tender but not totally cooked.
- Mix ground beef, chopped onion, rice and spices in a bowl.
- Put a little more than 1 tbsp of mixture onto each leaf and roll up the leaves.
- Layer a pot with outside leaves and put the cabbage rolls onto them.
- In a bowl, mix vegetable oil, water and salt. Pour the mixture until it is leveled with the rolls. Put a heat proof dish onto the rolls to prevent them floating. Cook over low heat.
- Press garlic cloves and mix with yogurt. Pour mixture onto rolls before serving.