If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
generous tablespoons olive oil
large cloves garlic, minced
cup cubed, stale bread, crusts removed
teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
eggs, beaten well
- Boil your water with the bay leaves and 2 teaspoons salt. Once it boils, keep it at a simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pot over low/medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add bread cubes. Cook, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn't burn, 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the paprika and stir to coat everything.
- Add boiling water; do not remove bay leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes. Taste the broth, and add salt as needed. Remove bay leaves.
- Stir the soup pot in wide circles, and slowly stream the beaten eggs into the pot. You want them to turn into wisps and ribbons, not clumps, so keep stirring for a few extra seconds, after everything is added. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!