If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup grits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage meat
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 scallions, whites and greens chopped and separated
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems discarded and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grated Gruyere
- In a medium saucepan, combine grits and 3 cups water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until grits are tender, about 15 minutes.
- While grits cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, stirring to crumble, until sausage is cooked through and browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage from skillet. Reserve 2 tablespoons fat in skillet (discard any excess). Return skillet to medium heat.
- Add scallion whites to hot fat and cook, stirring, until scallions have softened slightly, 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and whisk in cider vinegar. Place collards in a large bowl and pour warm dressing over greens. Use hands to crush dressing into greens until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season greens with salt and pepper, and stir in scallion greens.
- Stir cheese into cooked grits and season with salt and pepper. Serve grits topped with collards and sausage.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!