If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom always told me to eat my broccoli. And I always do when I make this salad. It is actually prepared a day ahead of time, so that the broccoli can marinate in the dressing. It's great when hosting parties because of this. The mustard vinaigrette compliments the crunch of the broccoli, and is topped with roasted pumpkin seeds. —[email protected]
- 1 large head of broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 35ml red wine vinegar
- 45ml mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard (I use Colemans Savora)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 chopped spring onions as garnish
- roasted pumpkin seeds as garnish
- Chop your broccoli into small bite size pieces.
- Prepare the vinaigrette dressing. Mix together vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and mustard in a small bowl. I prefer my vinaigrette more on the vinegar-y side, so add more honey if you'd like it sweeter, more mayonnaise to cut the sharpness of the vinegar, and more mustard to add spice.
- Pour over top the chopped broccoli in a plastic container that you can close. Shake the broccoli to coat it in the dressing. Place in fridge overnight.
- The next day, serve the broccoli and garnish with spring onions and roasted pumpkin seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard