If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wonderful salad presentation culminates in an even more wonderfully tasting Salad appetizer. —Kevin Puffer
Base Salad ingredients
- 1/2 Head of iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, cubed small
- 2-3 Slices bacon, cooked well, drained, crumbled
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, good quality
- 1/2 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- 1 cup Blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced small
- Make dressing ahead several hours if possible and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar. and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in garlic, horseradish, and about three quarters of the blue cheese. Refrigerate.
- Remove the core and cut the half head of lettuce head into four wedges along the center axis. Gently rinse each wedge, pat dry, and chill.
- To serve: Place one wedge each on four individual plates.
- Drizzle the dressing decoratively over each wedge allowing some to drizzle onto the plate.
- Sprinkle tomato cubes, bacon bits, and the rest of the blue cheese over the wedges.
- In all honesty: This recipe has been culled and personally adapted from several similar recipes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard