If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Indian food and converted a chicken recipe to this vegetarian option —Laura Murphy
- 150 grams fine green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 100 grams carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch garam masala
- 80 grams potatoes, parboiled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 25 grams garden peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 pinch coriander powder
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamed coconut
- 1/2 green chilli, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2.5 cms pieces piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat setting.
- To check that the oil is hot enough, sprinkle in a few mustard seeds, if they pop the oil is ready. Then add the remainder of the mustard seeds and the onion.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, then add the chill, garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, salt, cumin and coriander powder to the frying mixture for a further minute.
- Add the carrots, then 2 minutes later, the beans then after another 2 minutes add the peas.
- Stir fry for another minute and finally add the potatoes. Stir for a further minute.